First U-Pick event at the Patch went amazing… Lots of old friends and new came to check out our 2016 berries and they left with buckets full of little blue goblets of joy.
So much time out in the Florida sun left us a bit dehydrated, so when we went back home it was Smoothie time!
Here is a great blueberry-banana smoothie recipe from Whole Foods Market, to quench your thirst and load you up with antioxidants:
- 1 fresh or frozen banana, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 6 ounces nonfat plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup skim milk or unsweetened soymilk, ricemilk or almondmilk
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar, or to taste
- 1/2 cup ice cubes, (optional)